Sunday 28 June 2015

United Airlines 378: YVR-SFO

My first inflight hamburger!

UA378 from Vancouver to San Francisco, just under 2 hours aboard a plane jane, A320-200. No menu provided on this flight as seems normal for a mainline UA flight in a narrow body plane. 


After takeoff, nuts were served alongside my usual sparkling water. I will have to say the water service on the flight was excellent, my water glass never went empty for long. I wouldn’t be surprised if my seat mate and I went through their stock of sparkling water. No complaints. 


The other meal choice was a grilled chicken, which would have been the nice healthy options - oh well. 


The tray looked pretty damn good, that is until I realized my burger was fully stuck to the plate! After some attempted non-invasive surgery with my knife and fork, I was able to free the burger with minimal damage from the plate and begin to eat it. Overall, greasy, definitely not good for my health but still delicious and made better when halfway through the burger, I realized there was onion and lettuce that I could add to the toppings. That soft pretzel bun tunneled my vision to the central plate and only until the burger was gone, did my peripheral vision return. 



On the side of the plate was a country potato salad and to finish a nice warm, freshly baked, chocolate chip cookie.   




No comments:

Post a Comment