Tuesday 21 July 2015

Air Canada 882: YYZ-CPH



Today I'm seated in the premium economy cabin aboard C-GHQY which is my second leg on this plane as I continue on my way to Copenhagen. At the time if my booking, the premium economy ticket was actually cheaper than the standard economy ticket which is quite odd of course I don't mine. After flying business on the way from Vancouver I can provide a comparison of the food service which so far has been adequate and on par with Asian carriers.


I decided to go for the beef tenderloin as it seemed like a better choice than the pasta. Honestly, I openly go for meat. It doesn't need to be a choice between pasta or meat because there is really no choice. It's meat all the way.



When I first saw the beef along with the potato, my first impressions were that it looked better than my previous flight in business class. The impression was correct as it did taste better than my business class meal of the similar type of dish. 




The salad was ordinary but the Parmesan was a welcome addition as I would be foregoing my standard cheese dish in this cabin. But back to meat which was so tender and topped with the most juicy sauce and air Canada has produced a top dish is a semi-premium cabin. The dessert was definitely not premium and the wine was served out of plastic single serving bottles. Lame. I miss asking the flight attendant the country of origin for the wine and then pretending I know something about wine. Usually my decision flow for wine selection based on country of origin is France > USA > Italy > Canada > Australia/NZ > others.     



The seat itself is comfy but not sleep comfy. I've been spoiled with my abundance of time spent 180 degrees and I've never been able to sleep upright so the last four or so hours were of me tossing and turning, likely annoying those in my vicinity.


Oh well, I can live through 7 hours of being uncomfortable.


After "waking up", the cabin was served coffee, yogurt, and a slice of banana bread which I quickly discarded. To my disgust, Air Canada would serve one of my most hated foods. Bananas. I really hope they add a note to my passenger profile.


I asked for a second yogurt which they were happy to oblige.

Overall, the flight upright was survivable and the 787 is a fantastic airplane but this will be the last time I will fly to Copenhagen from SFO via YYZ and YVR just because I wanted to.

Menu Shot - click to enlarge.













No comments:

Post a Comment