Monday 6 July 2015

Air Canada Rouge 1843: SFO-YVR

Rouge.

In elementary school, rouge was some of the basic french vocabulary engraine in my memory. It was symbolized with the Apple, or pomme as we came to learn. "Les pommes sont rouges," the class would chant.

Now, that symbolism is dead - replaced by Air Canada's 'leisure carrier' Rouge which now instills memories of leg cramps, back pain, and mediocrity.

Ok I admit, it's not that bad. But it's still bad compared to mainline especially when the carrier provides no other options for business travelers between my most frequent routes.

Rouge itself only operates A319s or 767s - aging leftovers from mainline. Today's flight to YVR is operated by a A319 with tail registration C-FZUG and according to my flight records, my 2nd flight aboard this exact aircraft.

Today I'm seated in premium rouge, which is rouge's 'business class'. Rows of economy seats which allow for additional legroom and an open middle seat which is very similar to european business class.

Since I've written this blog post, rouge has converted premium rouge to business class style recliners on all A319 aircraft which is a positive change but I'll hold my final opinion when I get a chance to fly in the seat.

Breakfast options on this flight were an omelette or a health option of fruit and yogurt. I took the omelette as the other option lacked meat. Served along with the omelette was some fresh fruit, a stale bun, yogurt, and potatoes. 


The food was edible, tasty, and did satiate my appetite on the route to Vancouver. The sausage was not moist however, which was a let down on this otherwise uneventful flight. I'm happy there's at least -some- food even though the flight has gone rouge. 




No comments:

Post a Comment